Sunday, March 27, 2005

BusSched as an alternative to busTXT

I had seen BusSched before, but it seems to have been updated.

BusSched is a utility for Palm OS and Pocket PC based PDAs. It is designed to display Dublin Bus bus schedules.

This application has an interesting list of features, including the ability to enter how many minutes your stop is from the terminus, and have the timetable altered accordingly. The thing I like best about the site though, is the ability to create your own timetable. You can select the routes you use from a dropdown list and download only the databases for those routes.

With virtually every new mobile phone now supporting Java, I think this app is just crying out to be converted to j2me. Throw in the ability to download only data for routes you use (saving space on low-end handsets) and I think you've got some serious competition for busTXT.

1 Comments:

Blogger Grant said...

Hmm, just wondering why I wasn't notified by email about this comment.

2:08 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home