Sunday, March 20, 2005

MobileIrish

So I was watching Million Dollar Baby this morning when I suddenly needed to know what "Mo cuishle" means in English. I have the number for MobileIrish (sms Irish dictionary) on my phone, so I sent off a quick text. Unfortunately, the service seems to be down though. This isn't a service I'd use every day, but it's perfect for this type of situation and it provided some entertainment on a pub crawl that included Anseo and Solas, when it WAS working.

A Google search for irish sms displays an AdWords link for MobileIrish, which is how I found the site originally. This despite the fact that the service isn't (wasn't) a premium rate one, and would have COST the provider to translate words. I'm not sure whether the service is just down temporarily or if it has been discontinued, but I for one would like to see it back - even at a premium rate.

Anyway, it's probably a good thing I got no reply - it would have ruined the end of the movie for me.